Search found 3 matches
- Wed Sep 09, 2026 10:19 pm
- Forum: Fursuit Making Discussion
- Topic: Using minky for furring?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6694
Re: Using minky for furring?
Well i can think of a few reasons! Batches of minky are never if not rarely dyed to the same exact colour as the faux fur you may be using, so it may end up looking like the colours are slightly off. Another thing is, is that minky is stretchy (and somewhat translucent?) and can show the foam and ...
- Sun Aug 09, 2026 12:25 am
- Forum: Fursuit Questions and Help
- Topic: How not to be afraid of sewing machines? (and using them to sew markings?)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 12558
How not to be afraid of sewing machines? (and using them to sew markings?)
I've been trying recently to work with sewing machines instead of hand sewing everything, but one thing that has caused me consistent stress is trying to sew in markings (like circles and stars) into fur. Stripes spanning across the whole panel makes sense to me, and i can conceptually understand it ...
- Sun Aug 09, 2026 12:19 am
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: Hiya!! I'm Zeph!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 10774
Hiya!! I'm Zeph!
Helloo! I'm Zeph! I've been part of the fandom since my early childhood, abouut 2013 if I had to guess! My fursona is a purple lynx, originally based off of my Animal Jam Classic avatar, and i've been working on her fursuit for a couple years now, working with fur by exclusively hand sewing! (i am ...