Should you make a DTD for a personal fullsuit?
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2026 4:06 pm
Hi all, I'm looking to make my first fullsuit soon. I really want to make a digi suit with padding. Most tutorials on this are geared towards those who have a duct tape dummy of their client. However, I don't really have many people in person who could help me make a DTD of myself
I'm shy and handle heat rather poorly, so if I were to make a DTD, I would want a good number of helpers to make the process go smoothly...
What I'm wondering is if people even use DTDs to make their personal fullsuits, since, well, your body would be right there at all times, right? X) I imagine the patterning would be hard if you have to bend around to reach your body, though. Let me know your thoughts on this, should I try and get a DTD made or can I skip it?
What I'm wondering is if people even use DTDs to make their personal fullsuits, since, well, your body would be right there at all times, right? X) I imagine the patterning would be hard if you have to bend around to reach your body, though. Let me know your thoughts on this, should I try and get a DTD made or can I skip it?